Quick and effective hair removal lasting 4 - 6 weeks.
Depending on the area you want waxed you may be asked to disrobe, a modesty towel will be provided. The area will be cleansed to remove any oils or product. Warm wax will be applied to the desired area, the wax cools on contact with the skin contracting around the hairs, a paper strip is then applied and quickly removed, thus removing the hair from the root. This process is repeated until all the unwanted hair is removed. A soothing lotion is applied to the skin.
Hints and Tips
- Hair must be at least 1cm in length before it can be successfully removed.
- It is important to understand that hair has a three stage growth cycle and not all hairs will be at the same stage at the same time. It is important to let as many hairs to grow through as possible for successful hair removal.
- Ingrown Hairs - ingrown hairs are caused when the hair follicle opening is blocked by dead skin cells. The hair cannot grow through so is stuck under the skins surface, it may become infected and unsightly looking. This can be avoided by following the appropriate homecare and aftercare advice (see below)
- I would advise leaving 4-6 weeks between waxing appointments
- Slight redness (or small, red dots) is a perfectly normal and temporary reaction to waxing. It should subside within 24-48hours. If you have any adverse reaction please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Do not apply perfumed products such as deodorant, body spray or body lotions to the affected area.
- Do not apply makeup to the affected area
- Do not touch the area
- Wear loose, clean clothing
- Do not have a hot shower or bath
- Do not get heat treatments such as sunbeds, sauna or steam.
- Do not go swimming or use a jacuzzi
- Ingrown Hairs - to help avoid ingrown hairs you should exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week using a loofah or exfoliating gloves, this stops the build up of dead skin cells. Moisturise regularly to help keep your skin supple and hydrated and let the hairs grow through normally. (avoid exfoliating until 3 days after treatment)